Today has been a LONG day! It started around 1:30 this morning when I awoke with a sharp pain in my stomach. I took a pepto bismol...no relief! I could not get comfortable so I woke up blake whining about my pain! Finally I called my sweet dad b/c I was worried it could be my gall bladder. He told me to take a hydrocodone and see if it relieved the pain. Don't worry I had one from after EK was born...I don't keep random stashes of drugs. Anyway... I waited the 20-30 minutes it needed to work and still no relief! We called Jason to come over at 2 in the morning and sleep at our house while we went to the E.R. What a sweet little brother I have! Thankfully things went smooth in the E.R. and I didn't try and pull out my IV or yell at the nurses (long story about my last E.R. visit). They found I do have a gall stone and WOW morphine really works! I felt so much better after that! Anyway...I have to get my gall bladder out in the next couple of weeks which will be no fun, but it's not a huge surgery! My mom, aunt, and both maternal grandparents have had to have their gall bladder removed so I knew I was a ticking time bomb!
Well...we make it home and get a few hours of sleep before Emery Kate wakes up wheezing and coughing and breathing really fast. A few hours later we are at her doctor's office getting back to back breathing treatments and coming home with nebulized xopenex every 4 hours. It's going to be a long night waking her up for treatments when Blake and I are worn out ourselves!
Thankfully the day ended with something exciting...Baylor beat texas! WOO HOO!!! It was a great game that went into OT. We are very excited at the Marable household! Hoping for a calm Sunday tomorrow....
Yeah, yeah, yeah....Bears. Poo-poo!!!
ReplyDeleteJust kidding, congrats on a deserved win, Texas couldn't make their free throws. :-(
I am soooo sorry about your rough night of medical hoopla and that you're going to have to have surgery! But you have a peaceful attitude in the midst of chaos and that is great.
WOW amy, what a day! i hope you guys are doing better!
ReplyDeleteamy! i just read this & hope you & ek are feeling better! i'm so sorry you had such a rough night/day. the er in the middle of the night is NO FUN & then to come home to a sick little gal? so rough.
ReplyDeletebut i agree, baylor beating tx was quite nice :)