Friday, February 26, 2010

goodbye Woodcrest!

It is with bittersweet emotions that I am writing about our move. We are moving this weekend and I am very excited about the new house but I am really sad to leave our home on Woodcrest. I actually cried after we closed b/c we drove back home and it really hit me that we were leaving this house. It was our first home to buy, first yard to keep up, first yard to let the dogs destroy, first time dealing with a mortgage and the joys of homeownership, but most importantly it was the home we brought emery kate to from the hospital. Such special memories. It has been such a charming, peaceful home for our family. It is teeny tiny inside, but I don't think you could get much cuter.
I think what makes it even harder to move is that we sold the house to a builder so it is going to get torn down. I know, I know...what were we thinking! Don't judge us!! We found the new house and had to sell this one quick and knew builders would be interested b/c we have this large, beautiful lot with great trees. Sure enough we were able to sell it very easily. We thought it might be easier knowing that we were the last people to live in the house, but now I am having second thoughts. It will be sad to not be able to show emery kate her first house. Oh well...I know it's just a house!
We also have the BEST neighbors and are going to miss them so much and I will definitely miss being a 3 minute walk from Christy. But our new house is only a mile and a half away so we can still walk to see them :)
Here is the house from those crazy snow days.
A pic of us at the closing.
EK and daddy in the snow.

EK and mommy
She is loving it :)
Here is the NEW house! Isn't it cute? I love it and am pumped to move in! And one of the best parts is that there is a back house and Jason and Alex are going to be living back there! Can we ask for better neighbors than that???
Pray for me as this weekend we are moving and I start my new job on Monday. Lots of changes for me and I am feeling slightly overwhelmed...
sorry this was so long!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new house...it looks so adorable! I want to come see it soon! Good luck with the move and on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I love your new house! I completely understand your feelings about moving - we are about to move, too! Good luck with the move and new job and making your new house a home! I know EK will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new house! I'm bummed I didn't even know. Wish we would quit playing phone tag. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for you guys but so sad for us that you are moving so far away :)
    we loved your woodcrest house and i know that the glennox house will be filled with as many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww! i love your house amy! i'm sure you are so sad to leave it. i remember when you guys moved in :) & christy's shower... oh, now i'm sad - hahahaaa!!! but your new house looks so cute & how fun to have jason & alex in the back! & it sounds like it's not too far - that's great. can't wait to come see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad- I just GOT to the neighborhood... and now you're leaving it!! boo!!!

    I'm sure the new house will be amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be awesome Amy! Praying for you! Take pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete