Tuesday, April 24, 2012

our new house :)


This fall we found this house less than a mile from where we live now. It was still in possession of the original owner. We bought it to "flip" with Blake's dad but as we started looking at the plans we decided it was the perfect house for us! I have a bunch of before and after pictures to give you an idea what all we did. We took it all the way to the studs.

 we love that it is a corner lot and all the beautiful trees

 the formal living/dining room before


and after


the kitchen before

and after...we opened the kitchen up with the other living area  and an area that had been a porch that they had turned into an office
i love to be able to cook and watch the girls play




 this was the closed in office area
this was the middle living area before (above) and after (below)
it is now the open kitchen/family room
we added the fireplace and made a "kids korner" in the back left
the kitchen is to the left of this
this was the guest bath before


and after



master bedroom before
and after

master bath before
and after (it's hard to photograph a bathroom, FYI)




backyard before
and after

I am sure it is hard to picture everything but it was pretty extensive! Blake did an amazing job picking out most everything! He is SO good at this...I am so impressed. He definitely could do it as a career if he wanted to! He and his dad are about to start another one down the street (although we won't be moving into that one :) )

 Sorry this was so long...i just wanted to document it all!

4 comments:

  1. Blake did do an amazing job. It's a beautiful home. I'm so glad you decided to move there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it! It looks fabulous. Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is amazing! It's just beautiful! I admire how you all saw how it could be! I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete