I am writing this blog post after she has already completed her first semester of school, but wow nothing could have prepared me for sending your oldest off to school 5 days a week for the first time. I couldn't believe all the emotions that would come to me all during the summer just imagining not having her with us all the time. Part of the emotions of this is what prompted me last spring to decide to work less and stay home more. I was realizing that my "littles" were growing up and it was too fast. Emery Kate is such a special young girl. She is so kind and helpful and easy to be around. She makes people feel comfortable and is an includer. She and Molly are the best of friends and would laugh and play all day which made me so worried about what the school year would bring. The Lord was sweet during this time and brought encouraging words to me throughout the days/weeks leading up to school starting. I remember one friend saying that they finish by 2:50 and you still have a long time before the day is up and I have definitely found that as true. When EK gets home we are ready. The kids have napped, errands have been run and we are all hers! It has been really fun and made it so much easier. I think Molly has done really well too. She enjoys leading (bossing) Burson around and having more one on one time with me and then when EK gets home she is ready to PLAY!
We had meet the teacher the friday before school started. Emery Kate was super shy and nervous (as you can tell!) but we were so happy to meet Ms.Schur. She was so sweet and bubbly and immediately gave Emery Kate the biggest hug. We met some classmates and headed home.
The first day of school she looked so adorable. She had Mary Beth come over to see her and fix her hair :)
We got to walk her in on the first day of school. She found her locker and her table and was quiet but no tears. Amazingly I don't remember crying that day (there had been multiple episodes of tears before then of course!)
We are really thankful for her school and for her sweet teacher and classmates.
It has made it a lot easier than I thought it would be.
GO SEAHAWKS!







No comments:
Post a Comment