Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas this year. It started the week before when my parents came to Dallas for Christmas with them and the annual Sudan Christmas Cookie Decorating contest. It was super fun! Emery Kate really enjoyed decorating the cookies (or actually just eating them!).
She LOVES sprinkles!
Jason and Christy
Mary Beth (the artist)
some of the cookies
the winners ( I was excited to place 3rd as I haven't won in many years)
the losers :(
We went down to Blake's dad and Debbie's house aka the funny farm on the 23rd. Below is PawPaw and Bebe with their grandkids.
Emery Kate loved unwrapping the presents. She was good at it!
We went to the First Methodist Church of Waco's christmas eve service. It was really sweet. So important to focus on the reason why we are celebrating Christmas. I want Emery Kate to understand what it is all about. I look forward to next year as I'm sure she will understand it so much more.
EK and PawPaw
On Christmas Eve after the candlelight service we went over to Blake's mom's house for dinner and that's where Blake, EK and I spent the night. Here are more pics of the grandkids. EK has fun with all her cousins and gets a little spoiled being the youngest. I don't know what she's going to do when she has more competition
with Molly's arrival :) Her Aunt CC and uncle Jon gave her this shopping cart. She was very excited about it!Aunt CC and EK

our fam of 3 (soon to be 4!)
For Christmas we got EK a kitchen. Blake put it together Christmas Eve (it took about 3 hours) and it was so fun to give it to her Christmas morning. She starting playing and then looked over at us and said "thank you" ....so sweet!

Her Grandmommy got her fun kitchen cookware and plastic food.

I LOVE these two.
I feel like it was a special time for us with Emery Kate as things are about to change in a few days. We are so excited for Molly's arrival, but I know I am so thankful for the past 20 months of our time as a family of three. Blake and I are so blessed to have Emery Kate. She is so sweet and such a joy. I know she is going to be an amazing big sister. Pray for her during the upcoming transition. I am also so thankful for Blake. He is such an amazing daddy to Emery Kate and I know she has completely stolen his heart. He is about to have a house full of girls, but I know he wouldn't change it for the world. I am so blessed and I am eager to see all that 2011 holds.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, AMY!!!!!!!!!! Love your family of three and four!!

    ReplyDelete