Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Molly Elise Marable


Blake, Emery Kate and I welcomed Molly to our family January 10th at 11:03 pm. It was a long day as I was induced and waited all day to progress. Around 7 pm we realized my epidural was not working and I had to have a second one placed. I was very emotional b/c I did not think I was going to be able to push her out when the time came to push. After the epidural was placed I was so worn out and drugged up that I slept off and on the rest of my labor! When it was time to push around 9:30 I was so exhausted. I would push and then sleep between contractions. By 10:30 my doctor did not think she was going to come out and he thought she was bigger than we would have thought so I headed for a c-section.

I I slept through the whole c section, but it turns out the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and so it would have been very scary to deliver her vaginally. God was protecting her from coming through the canal! Thank you, Lord. It also turns out that she was big! 8 lbs 14 oz...20 inches long. No wonder my belly was so big :)

Blake was so sweet and supportive during the whole process. I am so thankful God placed him in my life as my "suitable helper"...he is that and more!!!


These girls are going to adore their daddy!

A lot of our family stayed up till after midnight to meet Miss Molly including Emery Kate! They said she had the most energy of them all! I am so thankful that Blake and I have such a loving and supportive family to wait all day with us!


I like this pic of Molly and Campbell pursing their lips!



PawPaw (blake's dad) and Molly

our first family of four picture...Emery Kate has not been too interested in her baby sister yet.

She is loving all the attention everyone is giving her!



Thanks for everyone's prayers...we are so thankful for our healthy baby girl!!

7 comments:

  1. Amy she is absolutely beautiful!! God's hand was definitely in the whole process! I am so happy she is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, Amy, and you and your sweet family are worth staying uup for. I had been praying off and on all day, and now I know why! Thank you, Lord! Sorry you had such a tough time, but what a wonderful result. I will be praying for you all, and we can't wait to meet Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look a lot like EK but with more chub and more hair! You guys are a precious family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she made it safely into the world. She is adorable! I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a long, hard day Amy! Oh my goodness. She is so gorgeous! Sorry I have not been by, I've had a terrible cold and thought it best to stay away. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thanks for posting pictures! I'm sorry it was such a long, hard day, but I'm glad everyone came out healthy in the end. What a beautiful baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy what a beautiful family you have inside and out. How I wish I was closer to hold that precious baby girl!!! Love you and praying for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete